Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oh Give Me a Home . . .


So, we went camping this week. Ben took a couple days off and we went via Chimney Rock, Nebraska, to Custer, South Dakota.


They didn't let us get too close to Chimney Rock (something about rattlesnakes). It's supposed to have pioneer signatures all over it. Rohan was over the moon to be at Mount Rushmore. He's been begging us to go for more than a year.



Check out my presidential profile.




Our KOA cabin was super cute, despite its lack of running water. It did have electricity, and the restrooms were about 50 yards away, so I survived. The boys had a blast, of course--fire, dirt, hiking, more dirt-- it was boy heaven.


We also visited Custer State Park. Fantastic rocks and views there.


They tunnels were carved right into the mountain.


And speaking of carving, we went to the National Woodcarving Museum, also in Custer. Ben likes to carve.


Even with all our traveling, the most exciting thing that happened this week took place on the sidewalk outside our house. Rohan learned to ride his bike!!!


He is very proud of himself, as you can imagine. If you want the full effect, there's a video below.




Until next time, happy hunting.

4 comments:

  1. Rohan, I loved seeing you ride your bike. You have very good balance.
    Shanna, the profile at Mount Rushmore was classic.
    Hi to all of you! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great trip. I LOVE the quote from Rohan this week. Tell him that Grandma loves to camp, and I wouldn't want to go without him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had lots of fun! I want to make it to Mount Rushmore someday. Congrats to Rohan for learning to ride his bike. What fun! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete