Sunday, June 5, 2022

First Week of Summer

 We partied hard this week. Ben had Monday off for Memorial Day so we got to spend some extra time with him.

Rohan has been off doing things with his friends like swimming, and bowling, and just hanging out. I don't have any photos though, because he doesn't take any and he doesn't like it when I do.

Bruce also had some friends over this week to play board games. Same story. No photos. But they did have a great time.

So, even though the photos make it look like only Savitri is having fun, the boys are too.

On Tuesday, we got all ready to go to the neighborhood pool: floats, sunscreen, towels, everything. But when we got there the pool was closed! Apparently, since it had been open on Monday for Memorial Day, Tuesday was the day off for the lifeguards this week.

We were so disappointed, so we called our friends and visited with them at their pools instead. The boys went to one pool and Lindy, Savitri, and I went to the Hardies.


On Wednesday, I took Savitri and her friend Lizzie to Urban Air, an indoor trampoline fun place. It was really cool. I would have joined in if I weren't sure I was going to injure myself if I did. Instead, I sat on a bench and watched them while I crocheted a blanket like an old lady.


Savitri also invited herself over to see our friends' puppies. They have grown so much since we were there the day they were born. So cute!
On Friday, we took Lindy to a pottery painting place. Three years ago, for her birthday, we gave her a promise for a trip to this place. Shortly after that, Covid shut everything down. She was so happy to finally get her birthday present! They painted pineapple salt and pepper shakers, a llama, and a fairy.
We had our swim meet on Saturday. Our team did really well, but we still lost by a few points. Rohan and Tucker love having their friend Sam on the team. The three of them have a great time together.

It was a really packed meet, but I managed to sneak around the crowds to get a few photos.




In the afternoon after the meet, we were exhausted, but we still made it to our friend Ashton Hardie's baptism. We've known her since she was a baby!

It's sooo hot here. It will be nice to escape to Utah for July. At least it won't be as humid there.

No comments:

Post a Comment