Sunday, June 19, 2022

Church Camp, Ziplines, and Father's Day

On Monday, Susan and I drove to Texas A&M to drop Bruce and Evan off for FSY church camp for the week.

They got to be roommates in a dorm room and spend lots of time with a great group of kids and counselors learning the gospel, playing games, and going to dances and other activities.
I missed my Bruce, and Ben and I were happy to pick the boys up on Saturday morning. They loved it!

We went to a place called Geronimo Adventure Park, just a short way from our house yesterday. It has been so hot here, but the kids braved the 100-degree weather to do a zipline course, a ninja course, and some rock climbing. Ben and I took photos from the ground.







We were all exhausted by the end, so we went to Wendy's to try out their new strawberry Frosties and to cool down.
Ben is such an amazing husband and father. We love him. He's outside cooking us a brisket for dinner right now! Happy Father's Day, Benjamin!

We both miss our dads today, but we know we will see them again one day. We were able to speak with Grandpa Clark for a long time and that was wonderful. He is such a great dad too and we are so grateful for him!

This week, we leave on our never-before-tried road trip to Utah. We plan on leaving on Thursday, arriving on Saturday, and visiting a couple of places in between.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment