Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Smokin' Husband

Well, hello there pilgrims.


Happy Thanksgiving!

We hope you had a great holiday. Ben had time off, the food was scrumptious, and we had some friends over for dinner. Ben did the turkey this year in his smoker. Here it is brining.


He then spatchcocked it and smoked it outside. (If you know what spatchcocked means you get a prize!)


It was the best Thanksgiving turkey, ever.

We skipped Black Friday shopping this year and headed to Denver to go to the temple instead. All in all it's been a good holiday weekend. I'm sad Ben has to go back to work tomorrow.

I can't resist a Bruce asleep shot. It's his fault for being so cute. Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. I wish that we were there to enjoy the wonderful turkey with you. Someday I may get it right, but for now I have a funny story about cooking turkey. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the infinity question, that could have been at our house too. Grant says that the answer is 2 infinity. Infinity is one of his favorite numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun photos and comments. Smoked turkey - never heard of that. We hit Black Friday in Winnemucca. Whew! Love you. Hi, Rohan. Hi, Bruce. Hi, Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have Black Friday in Winnemucca ;)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos. And I love it that you have the opportunity to title your blog "Smokin' Husband." We need to send you a little snow from here. You don't have enough. Keep posting the pictures.

    ReplyDelete