Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rock Solid Reading

I can't remember what we did most of the week, but Mom, Dad, Richard, and Jessica visited us this weekend on their way back to Idaho. We were glad we were on their road trip route.

On Saturday I dragged the girls and Bruce shopping with me while the big boys went on a hike to Horsetooth Falls (now Horsetooth trickle) and to Sportsmans' Warehouse.

Here's my strong Rohan up in the mountains.


Here's Dad, up near the trickle (not pictured.)


The boys had fun with the family. They wanted Uncle Richard to put them to bed both nights he visited. Here they are dressed for church today.



I've been trying to encourage Rohan to read lately. First I tried making him read a book to watch a TV show. He decided he didn't want to watch so much TV anymore, which is fine, until I really, really want him to go watch a TV show.

On Friday he was begging me for rocks. He's into gems and geology, etc. So I got him a bag of rocks and let him see them, but he only gets one whenever he reads a book to me. He's bringing books to me now! I have enough rocks to last through the week, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to find another motivator soon. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Miss you. Wish we could have been visiting, too. Good luck with the rocks. Maybe find a book about gems, geology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the fun. We really enjoyed seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete