Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back Home

Ben's dad is out of the hospital and doing well. A little too well . . . we're having a hard time convincing him to rest. We left him designing roads and irrigating his hobby farm, but not before Rohan got his promised fishing trip. He landed 6 trout at Birch Creek after Daddy and Uncle David hooked them!



He kept two and I had the unfortunate job of cooking them. I've never cooked freshly caught fish before and I had to leave the kitchen to steel my nerves a few times before they were actually fried. I hope they catch frozen fish fillets next time.

We were able to spend some time with Rachel, Ben's sister, before we left too. Rohan enjoyed holding cousin Isabel and Bruce liked to pat her head.

 

They had a lot of fun washing Aunt Rachel's car with her. Bruce was covered in suds.


We were also able to go to the zoo with Aunt Maria.

The zoo in Idaho Falls is small, but that's the great part. You get really close to the animals and you don't have to walk forever.
We miss our family, but are hoping to see them again soon. It's good to be back home, even if the weeds have grown bigger than our bean plants. Our babysitter mowed our lawn for us while we were gone. He's awesome. Anyone want to come help weed now?

No comments:

Post a Comment