Sunday, May 30, 2010

Watch out Weeds!

We went to "The Farm" this week where the kids and I went on a hay ride and saw lots of farm animals. It was a tour around a small farm for Rohan's city kid preschool. We also spent lots of hours outdoors, barbequed, used almost a whole bottle of sunscreen, and visited at least three city parks. In other words, we had fun!




The garden, which we've been putting off in case of more bad weather, finally got planted. I can't wait for fresh garden tomatoes. While we were digging, Rohan discovered the joy of earthworms and was carrying them around in a pile of dirt in his hands.


I'm anxiously awaiting carpet in the basement, so we can get our house back in shape. It's a bit untidy at the moment. We're hoping it will be installed this week. Since I can't do much about the house, I've been taking out my anxiety on the weeds in the back yard. The boys play (and sometimes sleep) while I weed.





If the carpet doesn't come soon, the yard will be weed free. That will make Ben happy.

1 comment:

  1. DId you add some more garden beds? I wish that I had something more permanent at our house, but for now our bucket garden is producing so we are pretty happy.

    ReplyDelete