Ben had to work in Austin for a few days this week. On this way home he stopped at an amazing independent bookstore. We were all jealous he went without us.
While Ben was gone, Mom, Susan, and I checked out a Peruvian restaurant just outside our neighborhood. It was very good. I had a fish stew that tasted a lot like Jamaican food, but without the hot pepper.
Ben's youngest sibling, David, and his wife Meghan are visiting with us and Susan for a few days. They are staying with Susan while Mom stays with us. Despite the weather, we went out for ice cream when they got here. They are from Idaho. Hence David's t-shirt. I was in my coat.
On Saturday, we went to Burroughs Park to enjoy the last of the warm sunny weather for a while. There is snow in the forecast for tomorrow, and school is canceled until Thursday!
The cypress trees at the park are pretty cool, even in the winter. They have little shoots that come up around them called "cypress knees."
Paul and Katie had a little snooze.
Bruce thinks Uncle David is cool enough to play games with him and his friends. Ben and I have never been invited to do this.
I finally finished the two stuffies I've been working on for my niece and nephew for (ahem) Christmas. And then I made a little potato with eyes and a mouth for Bruce. He's been asking for one for a while. That kid and his potatoes.
We spoke to Rohan last week Monday and are looking forward to speaking to him today. If you got his email, please do not send him money. He worded his request badly and actually would love if you emailed him or mailed him guitar tabs or music for songs. He's working on learning to play the guitar in his down time. He's also enjoying teaching and spending time with other missionaries. They built a huge snowman in a member's backyard.

















No comments:
Post a Comment