Sunday, September 11, 2022

Growing Things

Houston has two growing seasons: fall and spring. It's too hot to grow things in the summer. Neither of these seasons has much to do with me, though, since I try to avoid any kind of outdoor greenery in Houston. I do miss my Colorado garden, so I'm trying to grow a few things indoors. Here are a few spinach sprouts. I also have a few cilantro sprouts. I hope they grow!

Speaking of growing things, we celebrated Bruce's 14th birthday this week! He's such an amazing boy. Smart, funny, and kind. We love him lots and lots. His cake is supposed to be a 20-sided dice. He's really into dice lately.

Ben has been busy woodworking this week. He built a new enclosure for his laser cutter and cut out lots of fun things for his Etsy site and for a side job he was hired for.
And finally, here's a little Halloween sneak peek. We carved foam pumpkins for family home evening on Monday night. (We will carve real ones right before Halloween. They don't last long in the heat.)
Savitri helped stain a post Ben built for my Halloween sign that's going out front.
And I finished making the gravestone I was working on.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment