Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Week Three: The Ipswich Hospital and London

Savitri and I left Jersey on an airplane on Saturday, but the boys took the ferry back to England on Monday. They decided to make a stop on the way back to Uncle Darry's house.


I was glad to be able spend some time with Grandpa in the hospital. He was there for a week and is now in the rehabilitation center. 

Unfortunately, we had to leave the family too soon. At least we had a fun destination: The WB Harry Potter Studio tour in Watford. 

It was fabulous. We were able to see real sets, costumes, and special effects. We were so tired by the end with all the walking.





I think my favorite part was the Great Hall, but I didn't get a very good photo of it. If you want to see what it looked like, you can watch the movies!

The next day, although we were still pretty tired, we took a bus into London and ran around on the Underground to visit Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and the Tower of London. We also walked quite few miles on the south side of the Thames. By the time we got back to the hotel we were all worn out and our feet hurt.







We are glad to be back home getting ready for school, but we miss our loved ones in England. Hopefully, we will be able to go back soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment