It's been an eventful week around here. We started off on Monday with Rohan passing his driving test and getting his license!
His first solo drive was to his gym, just around the corner. He's also taken Bruce to Wendy's for frosties and french fries and Savitri to Menchie's for frozen yoghurt. Today, he took himself and Bruce to church since I stayed home with a sick Savitri. It's nice having another driver around.We also had a cousin sleepover this week. The boys were at our house playing video games. The girls went to Susan's house.
Susan, the little girls, and I also went to a drive through light park. It was an experience with lots of flashing lights synchronized to Christmas music.
The next day, we girls went to see the movie Sing 2 while the boys went to see the new Spiderman movie. They were both good.
On Christmas Eve we had pizza night with the Joneses. Ben cooked us up some delicious pizzas after the kitchen crew put them together.
We popped Christmas crackers after dinner. I made my own this year since we couldn't find any good ones at the store. I think I might do it again next year since you get better prizes that way.
Christmas morning started at 7 a.m. because we wouldn't let Savitri come down any earlier than that. Here's Ben reading his Christmas presents. Every year for his present, he asks us each to plan and carry out an act of service and then write him a letter to tell him about it.
This year, for the first time, we also had the kids buy each other presents with their own money. They earned it and had a spending limit and got to choose for each other instead of having us plan and pay for everything for them. They did a great job finding things for each other.
My favorite present was a total surprise. Ben made me a stained-glass picture of the temple we were married in. I'm still trying to decide where to hang it.
The next day, we girls went to see the movie Sing 2 while the boys went to see the new Spiderman movie. They were both good.
On Christmas Eve we had pizza night with the Joneses. Ben cooked us up some delicious pizzas after the kitchen crew put them together.
We popped Christmas crackers after dinner. I made my own this year since we couldn't find any good ones at the store. I think I might do it again next year since you get better prizes that way.
Christmas morning started at 7 a.m. because we wouldn't let Savitri come down any earlier than that. Here's Ben reading his Christmas presents. Every year for his present, he asks us each to plan and carry out an act of service and then write him a letter to tell him about it.
This year, for the first time, we also had the kids buy each other presents with their own money. They earned it and had a spending limit and got to choose for each other instead of having us plan and pay for everything for them. They did a great job finding things for each other.
My favorite present was a total surprise. Ben made me a stained-glass picture of the temple we were married in. I'm still trying to decide where to hang it.
No comments:
Post a Comment