I never made it onto my flight last Sunday. After a message telling me Daddy was in bad condition at the hospital, I skipped boarding to head back to the hospital in Tavares.
I lost my precious father to cancer this week. He passed away on Tuesday, May 18.I spent the night before in the hospital with him and was able to see this beautiful double rainbow. It reminded me of God's promise that we can be together again some day because of the Resurrection and Atonement of His Son, Jesus Christ. How grateful I am for that knowledge.
His burial was the next day. We had a funeral service in a nearby mosque and he is buried in an Islamic cemetery on Guava Street.
I was blessed to see and meet lots of cousins while I was in Florida.
And I came home to lots of love and chalk on the driveway. Ben and Susan took good care of the kids while I was gone.
We've had a good time playing since I got home on Wednesday, despite the heat.
And the school had online awards ceremonies for the middle school kids. Both Rohan and Bruce got awards.








No comments:
Post a Comment