Sunday, July 15, 2012

For the Love of Barbecue

Warning: This blog post may make you hungry and/or jealous.
The Loveland Loves Barbecue festival was yesterday. We went, of course.
Quite a few purveyors of delicious smoked meats were there. Here's what I had.
Three meats, three sauces, and all scrumptious.
Rohan was in heaven. Meat AND a car show to go with it.
And speaking of yummy things. My friend Maggie, recently returned from culinary school, came over to teach me how to make a good pie crust.

Only one slice of this apple pie remains. Even if you leave your house right now, you will be too late to get it. I only hope I can repeat the results when I'm on my own.
Miss Savitri has been proving that she can be just as active and crazy as her brothers were at her age. She's pulling herself up to everything and making a beeline for the stairs whenever they are un-babygated.
 Here she is mooching Grandpa G's breakfast.
We also took a new family photo this week. My lovely friend Megan did a good job and the kids even looked at the camera, mostly.
Alas, on blogger, you can only see it sideways.

No comments:

Post a Comment